View Profile Orbital-Death-Ray

All 3 Game Reviews

1 w/ Response

This was very fun! Excellent presentation, and the music was very moody and atmospheric. I loved the wall jumping mechanic, and being able to collect your spent arrows was a very nice touch.

My main criticism is with the controls for aiming. I like how you can aim in all directions, but using the directional keys for both movement and aiming was very frustration. If there's an enemy down in a pit next to me, I can't aim at it without moving towards it. Separate controls for moving and aiming would be ideal here.

Overall though, I enjoyed this quite a lot. Nice work!

This was a surprisingly engrossing little game! The instructions were perfectly clear, the controls were perfectly responsive, and the music was delightful. A+, very charming! :)

LightWolfStudios responds:

Hey, really happy you liked the game! We tried to really polish the gameplay experience as much as we could. I'll also probably be releasing the soundtrack soon! - Joshua

This was a pretty fun game! I love the unique premise, especially the fact that we're never told WHY we wanna go to Hell. Just pick up a shovel and start digging, you've got a lot of digging to do!

The controls were simple, intuitive and tight. The hunger, pain and air meters were well-balanced for the most part, and the randomly-generated levels do a lot for replayability.

My biggest complaint is how quickly your health meter drains when you get hurt. One more than one occasion I died a few times in quick succession because I was in an area with an enemy and couldn't get out in less than a second or two. It was especially frustrating when I was almost at the end, only to wind up burning through all my lives in one spot.

Other than that, this was a really fun little title, and a permanent addition to my "Procrastination Pile". ;)

My name is Jake & I make comics and cartoons I guess. I'm the captain of the Orbital Death Ray, which is super expensive cuz it runs on like, space fuel or protons or something. I make art so I can entertain you & enjoy the finest freeze-dried space food.

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!